AWS Organization is one of the services in AWS cloud which lets users create different accounts per environment and helps to manage consolidated billings. You can click here to learn more about it.
You can create an Organization in AWS with the following steps.
- Login to your AWS management console with root user.
- Click on Services and search AWS Organizations and click on it.
- Click the Create Organization button. After clicking Create Organization button, your organization will be created and the user currently logged in will be the root management account
- Now, go to the Policies tab and click on Service control policies and enable it. FullAWSAccess policy will be created by default.
- Go back to the Accounts tab.
- Click the Add account button and if you already have an account then you can click on Invite account. We will be creating the new account so you can click on Create account.
- In the Account details:
- Account name: Staging
- Email address associated with the account: email that will be the administrator of this account.
- IAM rone name: OrganizationAccountAccessRole (This will be the default and you can leave as it is)
- Tags: This can be optional. You can add tags if you want
- Click on the Create button.
This is done creating an account with AWS Organization Service. You may need to verify your email to confirm it. Check your email. You are likely to receive an Email.
You can check my next post to know how to access organization account in AWS by using Switch Roles option.
Leave a Reply